One of the essential functions of any small business is that of payroll. However, the task can be extremely challenging when keeping all of the considerations straight in your mind. One of the first is establishing an efficient system that runs smoothly from week to week. From there, setting aside the time to collect hours, ensure the proper deductions are in place, and process your employee’s payroll will indeed occupy a lot of time. Lucky for you, abcPayroll offers payroll services that are sure to save you time, stress, and money!
What is involved with your payroll system?
As mentioned, when handling payroll services on your own, you become responsible for many tasks. Below is a brief list of what you can expect:
- Establishing proper wages
- Setting aside the appropriate tax deductions
- Signing employee checks
- Creating direct deposit situations that may be required
- Generating and delivering annual w-2 forms by the end of every January
We’re exhausted just thinking about the list! Payroll can become a time-consuming affair. As a small business owner, you may not have that kind of time to devote to successfully covering all of the bases.
A few more points of thought ..
- Calculating your employee’s tax burdens will vary between states, and federal tax laws and withholdings can be a small business owner’s nightmare. What about your cash flow? How many small businesses had a great year generating sales and revenues but have no cash left to pay the bills and buy inventory? What if you don’t even have enough money to pay everyone next week?
- You may find yourself in that very position as many small businesses can attest to. If that happens, you will see employees leaving and your business’ very survival will be at stake.
- There are certain things you should be looking at with regard to outsourcing your payroll to a payroll service. First, you must look at the stability of your company. Are your wages fairly regular and stable from week to week? Are your workers on an hourly wage, or are they on a salary or commission basis? What manner of tax burden and liability are you and your business looking at? Is it easy to figure out and stay on top of? Is your payroll situation constantly changing because you are struggling with abnormally high worker turnover?
- Your answer is to outsource everything to a professional payroll service. They are the experts and can ensure that your payroll will be met and that you are in compliance with all mandated guidelines and tax laws. Try and find a service that specializes in company’s that are around the size as yours.
It’s time to consider payroll services.
Outsourcing your payroll to professional payroll services can be a huge advantage to small businesses. Now can be the time to rest easy knowing that your workers will be paid, and that you will be in compliance. Payroll services allow you to devote time to what you do best, manage and grow your business.
For more information on how abcPayroll can make payroll a breeze, contact our team today at (978) 251-3003.